Sunday, July 14, 2013

Disney Vacay: Day 5

           (Photo courtesy of

Aah, the day had finally arrived:  Magic Kingdom!!  I seriously love this place...seriously.  We woke up bright and early, got the kiddos dressed, and off we went.  Yes, it was another Pop-Tart kind of morning (I know, I know).  I snapped pics on the bus and really tried to build the excitement, so that everyone would be just as excited as I was!  We got to the park and I was ready to go, go, go!  I have a ritual and those with me need to follow it or get left behind.  First stop: pic in front of the castle. Well, lo and behold T didn't feel like taking a picture at that moment; I'm pretty sure she would have preferred to be sleeping.  Arrr.  I managed to get a few in (although not the way I had envisioned them to be).  Then we headed straight back to Fantasyland.  Auntie dashed into Sir Mickey's and purchased the oh so high in demand Sofia the First doll (although it wasn't the exact one T wanted - but it would have to do!!).  We went right to "its a small world" - virtually no line.  Auntie made it back to us just in time.  Other than that, in Fantasyland we were only able to do a few rides because the lines were already crazy. 

Then we ventured into the new Fantasyland.  We waited in line to meet Ariel.  Somehow Hubby, his right hand man, and Mad Man got a few people behind us so they weren't with T when she met Ariel, but then had heir own pics taken with Ariel.  Slightly suspicious.  We loved the Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid ride and then we went to Enchanted Tales with Belle.  It was awesome.  We didn't think T Bear would join in with the other kiddos (it is an interactive show), but she did.  She got to be one of the dancing plates!  It was so cute; she loved it!  Luckily, Hubby was on top of things and captured the whole thing on video!

We did a few more rides and then it was lunch time.  Now, I always (and I mean always) eat lunch at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, but since we were on the other side of the park we ate at Pinocchio Village Haus - it was yummy!  I suppose it is okay to venture off of my itinerary sometimes.  (For those of you who know me to be too rigid here is your proof that I am not always so!).  Thankfully, Auntie and her boyfriend had "fast passed" the princess meet and greet for us so  Twas able to get right in to meet Rapunzel and Cinderella.  She absolutely adored every second of it.  She was, of course, dressed in her Rapunzel costume (I'm not sure she really took it off most of the week!).  We then made it on to Pirates of the Caribbean and Aladdin's magic carpets and then we needed a little break.  Well, really Mad Man needed to nurse.  So, we found a spot and sat down and nursed (yes right out in the open).  Auntie and her boyfriend went to Swiss Family Treehouse and Tom Sawyer Island.  Then we all gathered and continued on our adventure.  Things went pretty well until T wanted to meet Merida and the line was ginormous.  We were concerned we would wait in line and then not get to meet her (which had happened at Animal Kingdom for Pluto and Goofy), because the attraction was about half an hour from closing.  Of course, Hubby and I need some serious communication skills training, so I figured he didn't want to wait so I was trying to talk T out of waiting and he piped in trying to convince her to do it.  Ugh.  We ended up waiting - it was a LONG wait.  Mad Man was cranky.  T Bear was cranky.  It was, however, worth it.  T loved it.

 We then grabbed dinner in Tomorrowland at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (another part of my ritual).  T was not very pleasant, but she likes attention and Hubby was paying more attention to his right hand man discussing possible line-ups for the next games.  Geez.  We struggled through dinner, but survived.  Then things got annoying.  We had a "fast pass" for the Jungle Cruise (located on the over side of the park). Apparently, the softball girls had expressed to Hubby that they wanted to take T on a ride themselves.  Well, T is not that kind of kiddo.  She wanted me to go with her, but there weren't enough "fast passes".  Hubby was having a grand old time chatting with all of the softball girls, while this discussion was going on with T. Auntie got impatient, because she knew I was getting impatient.  I just wanted T Bear to see as many things as she could, and we were wasting time standing around.  I even snapped at Auntie because I was so frustrated with the whole situation.  (Sorry again Auntie!).  We did finally get to see a few more things and then we tried to get of a spot to see the night time show, but it didn't really work.  We were all ready for the day to end.  Happiest place on earth?  Yes, it still is in spite of the little bumps along the way!

High:  Seeing T's excitement as she met the Disney Princesses!  Even Mad Man enjoyed it!
Low:  The lines.  Spring break is not the best time to visit Magic Kingdom - way too crowded.  We didn't get to go on nearly as many rides as usual.


  1. I am in awe that you can find time to blog while at Disney with kids. ::Impressed::

    1. Thanks! Confession: I only wrote partial posts while at Disney and waited to finish them when we got home!